Sometimes I think people, like our dear friend Miley Cyrus, could use a bit of help when it comes to getting dressed, so as to avoid flashing an extreme amount of chest. Which is why I’ve compiled the top fashion rules you should live by.
1. Starlets all over the world, I’m looking at you. Please wear underwear. No matter how crazy your outfit is I guarantee you somebody (probably an extremely efficient European) has engineered a pair of knickers that will indeed fit under it. And if you’ve found that you can’t wear undergarments under your outfit for fear of exposing said undergarments, it’s time to rethink your outfit.
2. Leg vs Chest. You’ve got to pick one – you can’t do both, as evidenced by Ice-T’s lovely wife Coco in the photo below. She also appears to have put her dress on backwards and is putting a lot (too much) faith in double sided tape.
3. You can do volume, but only on one half. Choose a loose shirt or loose pants, and say no to mumus! Always.
4. Glasses are adorable. (Ok, maybe I’m biased) If you’ve got ’em, wear ’em. Or better yet, upgrade them for a nerdy-chic version of old man glasses, à la Zooey Deschanel. But if you don’t need them, don’t buy a pair with non-prescription lenses and wear them for fun. That’s so… lame.
6. Finally, leggings are not pants. Sheer nylons/tights are also not pants. For the love of God, wear pants!