I have slowly been cleaning out my room this week, part by part. Yesterday I tackled the books. Like my mother, you are probably thinking, “how could any one person need a whole day to sort through their books exclusively?” And you obviously haven’t seen the small library I have apparently begun without realizing. Holy. There were books on my shelves that I don’t actually recognize.
Needless to say, I was fairly ruthless and am donating a massive box of books to people who might actually read them. I had a preposterous number of children’s books in my room. I am not a child. I don’t need those. Some of them I kept because I really loved them as a child (I’m mildly embarrassed to admit that I have kept several Eric Wilson novels on my shelves). Most of my other books are things that I’ve bought for school (as an English major, there are many). Interestingly, I don’t recognize some of them either. Whoops.
The day before yesterday (so Monday), I sorted through all my stuff that I was keeping in the desk in the basement because my mother played musical desks through the entire house. I swear the neighbours watch and wonder what the heck is wrong with us and why we can’t seem to keep any of the furniture in the same place for longer than six months at a time. I also wonder that.
But I digress. I was cleaning out the desk in the basement and found the most ridiculous collection of CDs that Julia and I listened to when we were younger. I will now provide you with a list, because it’s too hilarious not to share with the world. Our CD collection consists of:
- The Classical Child Is Born
- New York Minute: Music from the Motion Picture (yes, that is an Olsen twin movie)
- Backstreet Boys Millennium
- Bif Naked Purge
- The Magic of Boney M
- Christmas with Boney M (I regret neither of these choices)
- Sabrina the Teenage Witch: The Album
- Shania Twain Come on Over: International Version (don’t ask what makes it so international because I have no idea)
- Andrew Lloyd Webber: The Premier Collection – Best of Andrew Lloyd Webber
- Greenday Nimrod
- Hilary Duff Metamorphosis
I’ll let you figure this out for yourselves because I certainly have no idea why we would own any of these at the same time.
~ Hilary Lyon Axle Hatchet