I’m back! This is probably the most exciting thing to happen to most of you in a long time. I know, I know. Me too. Anyhow, my computer problems have been solved (sort of) for the time being, so I will be gracing the internet once again. Please, try to contain your excitement.
You’re probably wondering what I’ve been up to in the past couple weeks. Well, the short and short of it is nothing, really. Well, nothing exciting. In summary, however, I have been doing various random things such as:
- Went to a Dan Mangan concert in London, which was fabulous (as usual). Then almost got caught up in a police raid in the parking lot where we left our car. We also stood unfortunately close to a couple who spent most of their free time making out. And intermittently being passive agressive. What a wench that lady was, yeesh.
- I’ve also been watching an alarming amount of WKRP with my parents. Good ol’ fashioned 70s sitcom.
- Embracing mustaches.
- Listening to the new Two Door Cinema Club album. It’s wonderful.
- Watched several old movies, including Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (excellent), Funny Face (also excellent), and The Great Race (super excellent). Jack Lemmon, it has to be said, is the best. I relate to him on a deep level.
- Listening to terrible music for my next music class. Karlheinz Stockhausen’s “Gesang der Junglinge” is quite possibly the most terrifying song of all time. Why is it so unbelievably creepy?
- Made friends with the whistler in my music class. I know, I’m ashamed too.
- I’ve also decided not to wear pants for the next two weeks (except on the weekend) to see if I can, which seems likely. And by this, I mean that I will be wearing skirts and dresses instead. Sheesh.
~ Hilary Lyon Axle Hatchet
P.S. Did you know that there is actually a quasi-famous person out there named Hilary Lyon, who is not me? I’ve accidentally stolen her identity. She was married to Alan Cumming, who is now married to a man.